The Kano State Fire Service has confirmed the death of two siblings after they were trapped in a pit latrine in Aku village, Gaya Local Government of the state.
Spokesperson of the state fire service, Saminu Yusif Abdullahi, confirmed the incident to LAGOS HERALD on Wednesday.
He said the two brothers were trapped while attempting to bring out a mobile phone from the pit latrine.
According to an eyewitness, the incident happened on Monday when a 30-year-old Haruna Abdullahi entered the toilet to ease himself and his phone accidentally slipped from his pocket into the pit latrine.
“In an attempt to bring out his phone, he was trapped inside the pit latrine.
“After getting the information, his 45-year-old brother, Adamu Danjimmai, was also trapped while attempting to rescue him.”
Abdullahi said after receiving the information, personnel were mobilized to the scene to rescue the victims and found out that they had died.
He said the bodies have already been handed over to Aku Village head and have been buried according to the Islamic teachings.